Welcome!

Welcome to my creative writing blog! My ability to write is a gift from God that I want to use to bring light to the lives of other people. The purpose of this blog is to allow not only family and friends but also the world to experience my writing and to experience the sublimity of the creative process. I'll be sharing essays, fiction, and poetry, works in progress and the best of what I have to share. Feel free to comment if you have feedback. I will be posting 1-2 times a week depending on what I've produced. I look forward to sharing with you!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sonnet to Eros: A Rescued Sonnet

Okay, I'll be upfront about it: this is for a class. This sonnet, Sonnet to Eros,  was a pretty sorry set of lines to begin with. Sharing it with my professor and classmates only made it seem worse, at first, but revising it into IAMBIC pentameter and making other changes has been worth it. So, here is a rescued sonnet, To Eros:

Oh, Eros, sweet caretaker of the heart,
Hide me under your pinions from my fears,
Away send all them who would draw forth tears.
Oh youth, so proud with sword upheld to smart,
Come not for me wanton, to tear apart,
Pursue my foes with fire from 'neath thy crown,
With your blade smite--let your bow remain down:
My frail desires are not for your own gain.
Let me find love again, let not good fate
Abandon me, leave me not to this haunt.
Guardian at heart, shield my heart's poor health.
Hold love at bay, let it not come too late,
My heart do not weigh down or keep in want,
Oh Eros; but do not pursue myself. 

And here is the link to me reading it on YouTube:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ0eoCZHOKA&feature=youtu.be
Please note it's very quiet! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment