Welcome!

Welcome to my creative writing blog! My ability to write is a gift from God that I want to use to bring light to the lives of other people. The purpose of this blog is to allow not only family and friends but also the world to experience my writing and to experience the sublimity of the creative process. I'll be sharing essays, fiction, and poetry, works in progress and the best of what I have to share. Feel free to comment if you have feedback. I will be posting 1-2 times a week depending on what I've produced. I look forward to sharing with you!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finding Heaven

A girl who has been in Hades for the last several months was sweeping the floor when suddenly the words "Heaven is a place we want to go..." came to mind. She jotted down her ideas in a notebook, finished sweeping, and started to write to capture the feeling of heaven she has been looking for for a long time. I post this in hope that anyone who comes across this page will find the inspiration they are seeking.


What is Heaven?

Heaven is a place
we hope to go.
What it is like there
few can know.
It is a place
we cannot see,
where we are strong,
and young
and free.
The ones we love
will meet us there
and dress us in
robes of whiteness rare.
We will not hunger,
thirst or cry,
The sun shines without
smarting the eye.
We go to rest
from earthly care
so long as we bring
no sorrow there.
Heaven, Heaven,
where will we go?
O'er plains of grain
or mounts of snow?

Heaven is a place
we hope to be,
a place on earth
we cannot see,
a place in space
we cannot spy
except for the light
in our own eye.
Heaven is with
our friends on earth
who give love daily
from our birth,
Love comes from
their tender breath
that blows until
they greet
their death.
Heaven is
a warm embrace,
a merry laugh,
a gentle face.
'Tis where we go
when life does fail
and Jesus waits
beyond a veil.





No comments:

Post a Comment